Published date: 02 June 2017
Closing date: 31 August 2017
This is an inspiring volunteering experience, where you will have a central role helping someone to improve their vocational language and skills. We are recruiting for volunteer vocational mentors who can spend one to two hours a week delivering professional peer mentoring (According to your professional discipline) to adult Refugees and Asylum seekers.
We will provide certificated mentoring training, supervision, a full induction and as well as reasonable travel and lunch expenses.
Please get in touch with us if you are interested in the role or you have any questions.
Aspects of the role:
- Have an interest in issues that affect refugees and asylum seekers in gaining sustainable employment of their choice.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the current and future local and national labour market requirements of the client’s vocational chosen area.
- Advise on various vocational aspects such as UK qualifications, required experience, memberships and associations.
• Can commit to volunteering for a minimum of six months.
- Prepared to have a DBS check in accordance with national policy.
- Desirable but not essential speak Arabic, Farsi or Korean.
- Can maintain clear professional boundaries.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Additional information and application form can be found at.
Please email your completed forms to email@example.com
Closing date: 18th August 2017